Seedling vs Grafted
Seedlings & Bare root - plants grown from a seed.
- May have genetic variances from the parent plant
- May not look anything like the parent plant
- We target parent plants that have a high match rate of its seedlings
- Lower cost option when planting for wildlife
Grafted - plants cloned from parent plant
- Will be a genetic match to the parent plant
- Typically grow faster than seedlings
- Allows us to create hybrids for specific applications or climates
Potted vs Bare root
- In the Spring, customers may receive bare root or potted trees for their orders.
- It is dependent on what is available and in stock at the moment of the order is shipped
- Fall Orders will always be potted
- Bare Root plants carry the same genetics as our potted trees.
- Potted trees are either grafted trees or trees that were potted from the early year field dig.
- Bare root trees do not experience transplant shock due to being dug when they are dormant.
Call us to learn more about our processes!